Welcome to Black Men’s Health
When it comes to our health, we are “first” and “worst” – first at avoiding going to the doctor and worst when it comes to overall life expectancy.
For black men like us, the stats are indisputable. We have the highest rates of heart disease and diabetes. We are the least likely to seek mental health treatment. We are the least insured, and we are dying from COVID-19 at a higher rate than every other demographic group in America.
Even worse is the lack of available health and wellness information that pertains to us. There is hardly any, unless we spend hours searching for articles on Google.
This is precisely why Black Men’s Health exists – to create more balance through health in men of color. Since our inception in 1999, we have been laser-focused on creating the best and most relevant health and wellness content for us.
Whether we are highlighting social justice issues, the importance of financial literacy or the need for prostate exams, Black Men’s Health is committed to creating a community that uplifts and empowers black men and the people who love them.
The bottom line, my brother, is that we want you to thrive!
We thank you for partnering with us on this journey!
Our Mission: Provoking positive change for balanced, healthy lifestyles in men of color everywhere.
Meet the team
Jon D. Brown
Andrew Bryan Burnett
- Spread the Word! Is there a Black man in your life who can use some support with their health and wellbeing? Tell them about us, share an article, and direct them to our site!
- Follow/Like BMH: Like and/or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube for the latest BMH updates!
- Penny for Your Thoughts and Words Too! Are you interested in submitting a story, have a topic or idea you want covered, or have general feedback for us? We want to hear from you! Email us at [email protected] or visit our Contact page.
- Sign up to become a subscriber to our BMH newsletter for premium content pumped into your Inbox twice a month.
- When you become a Black Men’s Health member for $10/month or $100/year, it entitles you to our very best content, which includes articles and our library of webinars with some of the most notable experts and influencers in health, entertainment, spirituality, business, social justice, and beyond.
- Join our Community!
- When you contribute to Black Men’s Health, you are partnering with us to provide empowering, vital, and life-saving information to men of color who are underrepresented, underserved and, many times, overlooked. Contributions can be made on our Donation page or through PayPal. We thank you in advance and ask that you give us a shout at [email protected]. We’d love to hear from you!
Follow Us Social Media